Thank you for your interest in joining Friends Academy. At Friends, our faculty and staff play a critical role in providing students with a rigorous curriculum, caring community, and an overall atmosphere conducive to helping each child reach their highest potential. We have an outstanding faculty and staff and seek qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds who are committed to fulfilling the school’s mission. Friends Academy offers generous compensation packages and a wide-ranging professional development program. Of equal importance, this is a place where our leadership, faculty, staff, students, parents, and alumni respect and appreciate each individual member of our community.
Friends Academy welcomes the submission of resumes to be considered for openings as they occur, whether in teaching, in administration, or in a position supporting the operation of the school. All applications will be reviewed until the position listing has been closed.
- Design and Implement Music curriculum Grades 4-8
- Encourage creativity through music and drama
- Attend faculty meetings
- Collaborate with faculty to create an integrated program
- Understanding of Learning Portfolios and Project-based learning
- Understanding of social-emotional learning
- Willingness to be involved with Middle School Advisory
- Teach grades in subjects of Music and Drama ranging from grades 4-8
- Design and implement curriculum which includes activities such as singing/chorus, keyboards, music theory, drama, improvisation, and performance art
- Manage two performances per year in collaboration with the arts department faculty (Fall- Grades 5-6/Spring- Grades 7-8)
- Manage Lower and Middle School’s holiday performances (Dec.)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Teaching experience required
- Commitment to teaching and learning in a vigorous progressive school community
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to Jamie Ross-Cory at firstname.lastname@example.org
Substitute Nurse Position- We are looking for candidates with a current MA RN license who have experience with basic first aid, dispensing medication, are CPR/AED certified, and feel comfortable working independently to fill in occasionally for our school nurse. Please contact Maura Reimer RN at email@example.com or by phone at 508-999-1356.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Friends Academy admits students and hires faculty and staff of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students, faculty, and staff at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, employment practices, admissions policies, financial aid program, or other school administered programs.