Thank you for your interest in joining Friends Academy. At Friends, our faculty and staff play a critical role in providing students with a rigorous curriculum, caring community, and an overall atmosphere conducive to helping each child reach their highest potential. We have an outstanding faculty and staff and seek qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds who are committed to fulfilling the school’s mission. Friends Academy offers generous compensation packages and a wide-ranging professional development program. Of equal importance, this is a place where our leadership, faculty, staff, students, parents, and alumni respect and appreciate each individual member of our community.
Friends Academy welcomes the submission of resumes to be considered for openings as they occur, whether in teaching, in administration, or in a position supporting the operation of the school. All applications will be reviewed until the position listing has been closed.
Responsibilities and qualifications include but are not limited to:
Design and Implement differentiated and inquiry-based curriculum to best meet the needs of students
Encourage creativity and learning based on our Core Values and the Mission of Friends Academy, a school founded in 1810
Attend faculty meetings with a willingness to work within a collaborative culture
Collaborate with faculty and specialists to create an integrated academic program
Understanding of Learning Portfolios and Project-based learning
Understanding of social-emotional learning
Willingness to be involved with our external programs and the school’s commitment to outdoor education (Fall Outside the Classroom Week/Spring Overnight, daily recess)
Understanding of positive discipline and Morning Meetings aimed at creating a caring school community.
- Commitment to the Mission, history and traditions of our 200+yr old school community
Bachelor’s degree required
Teaching experience required
- Commitment to teaching and learning in a vigorous progressive school community where students can thrive.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to Jamie Ross-Cory at email@example.com
Communications Manager - Reporting to the Assistant Head of School for Community Engagement and Admissions, the Communications Manager will help create, implement, and oversee the school’s communications program including internal and external outreach.
Responsibilities include creation and development of print and online advertising, email outreach, web site management and content development, press releases, magazine and newsletter articles, videos, Facebook and other online social media outreach, marketing materials, and content for faculty newsletters as needed. Other responsibilities may include the preparation of presentations for All-School Meeting and staff meetings, assisting with open-house and admissions-related marketing, and coordinating a parent-based welcome program designed to attract new families to Friends Academy or assist newly accepted families transitioning to the school. This position may also help support efforts in development (fundraising) and events.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Confident communicator and presenter, comfortable speaking to groups
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Possess a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Strong knowledge and understanding of trends in digital media/social media
- Self motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Must understand web design and be able to update online materials
- Must be comfortable using social media
- Understanding of key graphic design programs such as Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop
B.A. degree required in communications, English, marketing, or related major.
Please send resume and cover letter to Katherine Gaudet at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Friends Academy admits students and hires faculty and staff of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students, faculty, and staff at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, employment practices, admissions policies, financial aid program, or other school administered programs.