Applying to Friends Academy is simple: Start now by filling out this short inquiry form. Then we’ll get in touch with you to schedule a visit to meet us and complete a full application.
For additional information about applying to the Sally Borden Program, please visit the Sally Borden Program Admissions page.
1. Inquire & Visit
Start by completing this short inquiry form. Once we receive your inquiry, we’ll contact you to learn more and schedule an initial visit. You can also reach out to us at email@example.com or (508) 999-1356 to schedule a tour.
If you feel that Friends is a good fit for your child, contact us to begin your application. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. There is a $50 application fee.
3. School Reports/Teacher Evaluation
Send a signed Student Records Release and Teacher Evaluation Form to your child’s current school. These documents need to be submitted to Friends to complete your child’s application. It is your responsibility to follow up with your child’s school to ensure these documents are sent directly to Friends in a timely manner.
Teacher Evaluation Forms
4. Student Visit
When your child is ready, we will arrange for an in-school visit. Social visits are a vital part of the application process. During their visit, your child will participate in all school activities so they can get the feel of what it’s like to be a student at Friends.
- Grade 1-8 applicants are invited to spend a day in a class of their current grade.
- Kindergarten applicants are invited to spend a morning with their age peers in the Early Childhood Program.
- Early Childhood applicants come for an hour-long play visit with their parents.
- Sally Borden Program applicants visit appropriate grade-level classes during a two-day visit. This allows teachers to observe students in a variety of settings and gives students the opportunity to feel more comfortable with their surroundings.
It is important for us to understand your child’s learning profile. Because of this, we will complete a reading and math assessment during their visit.
6. Notification of Admission Decision
The Admissions Committee reviews all completed applications within a month or less of your child’s visit. We will call you with our decision. If you have applied for financial aid, you will be notified about your grant in March. We ask that families notify Friends within a month of receiving their decision whether they choose to accept, defer, or decline placement.