Our admissions process has three goals: to help each family learn about The Sally Borden Program; to get to know each student and family; and to select students who will flourish both socially and academically. We seek to enroll students who are motivated and are willing to support the virtues and mission of Friends Academy.
Application to The Sally Borden Program
includes the following:
- Begin with an Inquiry: Please fill out our inquiry form so that we can may contact you and assist you through the application process.
- Relevant Testing Information should be delivered before the initial admission interview. Required are a recent (within the last year) comprehensive psycho-educational evaluation which includes a Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (Wisc-IV), and achievement and diagnostic testing. The student’s learning profile needs to be delineated in a written report.
- Parent/Guardian Visit: Interviews are scheduled with the Director of Admissions and the Director of The Sally Borden Program. Parents tour the school and learn about the program, and school personnel learn more about the student’s learning style and profile. Ample time is allotted to ask and answer any questions necessary to fully understand the students’ needs and strengths, and whether The Sally Borden Program at Friends will be the right fit.
- Student Visit: Students visit appropriate grade-level classes during a two-day visit. This affords teachers numerous opportunities to observe students in a variety of settings, and allows students to feel more comfortable with their surroundings. The teachers create a portfolio of the student’s work, and a member of the Admissions Committee also spends some time with the student.
- Other Information: Parents/guardians should submit an Application for Admission and the application fee prior to their child’s two-day visit. Copies of an applicant’s school reports and a Teacher Evaluation completed by his/her current teacher are also needed. It is a parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to follow up with their child’s school to ensure that these documents are sent directly to The Sally Borden Program in a timely manner.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis with official acceptance notifications and enrollment agreements sent beginning in March. Families should call the Admissions Office regarding openings.
8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.