Thank you for your interest in joining Friends Academy.
At Friends, our faculty and staff play a critical role in providing students with a rigorous curriculum, caring community, and an overall atmosphere conducive to helping each child reach their highest potential.
We have an outstanding faculty and staff and seek qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds who are committed to fulfilling the school’s mission.
Friends Academy offers generous compensation packages and a wide-ranging professional development program. Of equal importance, this is a place where our leadership, faculty, staff, students, parents, and alumni respect and appreciate each individual member of our community.
Spanish Teacher, Grades 3-8
Fall 2019 (Leave Replacement)
Friends Academy is a small, progressive EC-8 school of 250 students on the South Coast of Massachusetts. We are known for having a strong sense of community that balances academics, arts, social and emotional learning, athletics, and outdoor activities.
We are looking for a long-term Spanish substitute for the fall of 2019 to cover a parental leave. This role includes teaching Spanish in grades 3-8 multiple times a week, following the Spanish teacher’s curriculum. The 7th and 8th grade curriculum is guided by the Descubre textbooks.
The ideal candidate would:
- Love students and learning at many ages
- Serve as a role model for students
- Promote responsible citizenship and respect for diversity and differences
- Have a positive outlook on the world and opportunities for young people
- Be dedicated to social-emotional learning and positive discipline practices
- Collaborate with grade teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field as well as teaching experience
- A passion for students, a sense of humor, and positivity and warmth
- Proficiency in Spanish
We would love to hear from you! To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Susan Yao, Head of Middle School, at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Friends Academy admits students and hires faculty and staff of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to all students, faculty, and staff at the school. Friends Academy does not discriminate against someone (applicant or employee) because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
Friends Academy Statement of Mission and Philosophy:
The mission of Friends Academy is to provide each student with an educational foundation that will instill the academic knowledge, skills, and understanding; responsible citizenship; respect for diversity and differences; and sense of well being needed for a lifetime of learning and personal growth.
This mission is based on the beliefs that:
- academic knowledge, skills, and understanding include the areas of English, mathematics, natural and social sciences, world languages, and the arts and the skills of reading, reasoning, computing, investigating, writing, speaking, problem-solving, and creating;
- responsible citizenship includes honesty, commitment, and respect for others, the environment, and the community;
- respect for diversity and differences involves building a community and creating programs and curriculum that are attentive to issues of learning, race, ethnicity, family configuration, sexual orientation, gender, religion, and economic status; and
- a sense of well being is nurtured through the development of self-esteem, self-confidence, and healthy social interactions.