Thank you for your interest in joining Friends Academy.
At Friends, our faculty and staff play a critical role in providing students with a rigorous curriculum, caring community, and an overall atmosphere conducive to helping each child reach their highest potential.
We have an outstanding faculty and staff and seek qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds who are committed to fulfilling the school’s mission.
Friends Academy offers generous compensation packages and a wide-ranging professional development program. Of equal importance, this is a place where our leadership, faculty, staff, students, parents, and alumni respect and appreciate each individual member of our community.
After-School Program Position
Direct Report to: Charley Pelissier
Friends Academy is looking to fill a position in its after-school program. Responsibilities include supervising/helping with homework time, recess, snack and story time. Hours range from 2:00-5:30 weekdays.
Requirements for applicants include:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED along with either formal training in child care/youth development or at least one year of supervised experience working with school-age children in a group setting.
- Have the ability to motivate and engage children and manage behavioral challenges.
- Serve as a positive role model; must be enthusiastic, energetic, creative and sensitive to children.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to meet program staffing needs.
- Must have good judgement and sound decision making.
- Able to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
Please contact Charley Pelissier at cpelissier@friendsacademy1810.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Friends Academy admits students and hires faculty and staff of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to all students, faculty, and staff at the school. Friends Academy does not discriminate against someone (applicant or employee) because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
Friends Academy Statement of Mission and Philosophy:
The mission of Friends Academy is to provide each student with an educational foundation that will instill the academic knowledge, skills, and understanding; responsible citizenship; respect for diversity and differences; and sense of well being needed for a lifetime of learning and personal growth.
This mission is based on the beliefs that:
- academic knowledge, skills, and understanding include the areas of English, mathematics, natural and social sciences, world languages, and the arts and the skills of reading, reasoning, computing, investigating, writing, speaking, problem-solving, and creating;
- responsible citizenship includes honesty, commitment, and respect for others, the environment, and the community;
- respect for diversity and differences involves building a community and creating programs and curriculum that are attentive to issues of learning, race, ethnicity, family configuration, sexual orientation, gender, religion, and economic status; and
- a sense of well being is nurtured through the development of self-esteem, self-confidence, and healthy social interactions.