Join us on Friday, February 23rd, for Friends Fest 2018!
a family-friendly fundraiser to restore the Morgan Street Bell
The current bell has been in use since the mid 1820’s and for over one hundred years it was rung each morning to mark the opening of school. Today, it is rung on the first day of classes to mark the new school year and again on Class Day by each member of the graduating class. Only alumni of Friends Academy are allowed to ring the bell. It is an enduring connection to the roots of Friends Academy. We hope you will help us restore the bell and keep it ringing for another 200 years! Open to all members of the FA community and their friends, this Friday night of family fun is a guaranteed good time. Think glowing dance party in the gym, bingo in the library, a one-night only, one-show only faculty dance performance, and all sorts of other fun items.
- ACTIVITIES: Dance Party! Face Painting! Temporary Tattoos! Bingo! And More!
- LIVE ENTERTAINMENT: At 6:30 pm, the FA faculty will present a special dance performance in the Commons.
- FOOD: Aaron DeRego, Chef/Owner of The Back Eddy in Westport will delight the taste buds with a menu to be unveiled the week of the event.
- T-SHIRT: Register by Thursday, February 1st, to secure a FREE Friends Academy t-shirt for all children in your party!
Follow the bell’s restoration adventure this summer! The bell heads to Ohio immediately after Class Day – to one of only two “bell spas” in the country that can do this kind of restoration! Then, in August, our own Ben Kennedy is taking the restored Morgan Street Bell on a driving tour to visit with members of the extended FA community on its way home. Funds donated at Friends Fest will help ensure a fabulous journey that everyone can track.
Watch for more details to come this summer, but for now, you can support the bell’s restoration in a multitude of ways:
- Attend this event and make an additional donation to the bell’s restoration.
- If you can’t attend, you can still make a gift here.
- Participate in our online auction. The auction runs from February 12 – February 23. More information to follow.