“Everything I learned, everything that meant anything to me, I learned at Friends Academy.”
As a pre-K through grade 8 school, Friends Academy provides a supportive and confidence-building environment that solidly prepares students for high school.
Research demonstrates that the pre-K through eighth grade model offers several advantages:
- Students achieve better academically. Studies show that students obtain higher achievement levels in pre-K–8 schools than in separate middle schools.
- Our younger students have inspiring role models. Our Constellations program brings different grades together for activities throughout the year.
- Our middle schoolers aren’t in the middle. As the leaders of the school, they know our younger students are looking up to them—and they rise to the occasion.
- There are fewer discipline problems. Research shows that children in pre-K–8 schools have fewer behavior problems, higher self-esteem, and better attendance than those in separate schools.
- Making a major transition to high school prepares students for the later transition to college. They build resiliency as they move out of their comfort zone and adapt to a new environment.
8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.